Saturday, July 25, 2009

I do believe

Last night I had to make a quick run to the market. I went alone as it was going to be an in and out situation and the boys would have just slowed me down. As I was leaving the shopping center I was at a red light and I sat there and I guess I momentarily spaced out because I looked at the light and it was now green. Knowing it was green and that there was a jeep behind me I still froze for another 5 seconds or so I don't know why, I just did. When all of a sudden I hear screeching tires and smell burnt rubber and see an idiot in a Honda civic screech through the intersection and when he was more than half way he just gunned it again. He was going so fast he couldn't stop for the red light. After he was gone I finally went through and made my left turn and headed home. I usually see a green light, look both ways quickly and go. I never hesitate, and I swear it was weird because I knew it was green and needed to go through but it was just not processing. I have to believe it was a guardian angel holding me back because I do feel that if I had gone through that jerk in the civic would have killed either me or the guy in the jeep behind me. I wish there had been a cop in the area to give that guy a major ticket. And with fines having more than tripled he would have been paying out the ass for it. I was just glad to be alive when I got home and have been playing that moment over and over in my head since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you : )