Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's not my b-day.......







This morning I finally broke down and washed my newer car. I have been putting it off for far to long. I spent an hour and a half washing every nook and cranny and drying it completely. When I was done I was sore, tired and my hands were sliced. I always slice my hand up washing the inside of my wheels. I hate brake dust. UGH. After my shower I got ready for my day.

Today I wanted some shrimp enchiladas. So I went to Acapulco for some. Towards the end of my meal I see a crowd of waiters and waitresses walk towards me. Then without warning they start singing Happy B-day TO ME! Yes, ME! I quickly look around the room for a familiar face or maybe even a camera because obviously someone was pulling a prank on me. I then start laughing hard when they say "happy birthday Panchita". When they finish their serenade I tell them that they had made a mistake as it wasn't my b-day nor was my name Panchita. They let me know that they sing Panchita to females and Panchito to males. They also said that a gentleman asked them to sing to me for my b-day. ??? I ask who and she said he'd already left. Curious....

Well they let me keep my dessert and when I had finished I sat...and waited....for my check. My waitress was nowhere to be found. I waited for at least 15 minutes and a busboy walked by and I asked him for a box. I was hoping that that would give a waiter a clue about my check. Nope. Another 5 or so minutes went by and finally a manager walks by. I flag him down and I ask for my check. He says okay and off he went. He then walks back to my table and informs me that my checks already been taken care of, even the tip. I look at him with a puzzled look and say "are you sure??" He assures me all is paid for and tells me have a good day. WEIRD. So off I went.

I have absolutely no idea what happened. Who sent me a birthday song and dessert and who took care of my check, even leaving a tip? WHO?

I guess I'll never know.


Necklace: Codename Ivy
Dress: Vince
Shoes: Baker's Darlene (now on clearance!! I hate when that happens)

5 comments:

  1. Your blog makes me *SMILE*! I have 3 daughters and together we have more shoes than I care to admit. It's almost embarassing ... especially when one of us walks in to pick out a pair and comes out saying that "nothing goes" ... WHAT?! It's true - it happens at least once a week!

    Anyway, cute blog. If you stop by mine, be sure to enter my giveaway:
    http://lovely-silver-strands.blogspot.com

    Thanks for the smile :)
    Denalee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh, soooo weird! Someone thought you were hot, haha. Were you alone? And most importantly, do you have your shoes back? haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was alone Justine. It was REALLY weird.

    And no, I think I am going to have to kiss them goodbye. It is a MAJOR hot topic here at home with Mr.man. I think we won't be talking to each other for a bit : (
    My sister says I need to be the bigger "man" and let it be. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Denalee : )

    BTW I do know what you mean by not finding anything that goes. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that its drama, girl. I'm sure it will all be better soon enough... but I totally hear ya about feeling a little violated and insignificant. :-/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you : )