Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A do nothing Wed.




Off of my high from yesterday (my free "bday lunch") I am now again sad. I know that this isn't right, my situation. I shouldn't be this bummed over shoes, because really they are just shoes right? (NO NO NO NO) However I think what upsets me more is that I was called selfish, spoiled and self centered. I know I am a tad bit shallow and I own up to that, but never ever had I thought of myself as selfish and self centered. I know that they need money or that they are having a hard time with their family situation, but why be so sneaky and go behind my back and take without asking. If they had asked for items I would have told them yes and I would have pulled out countless items to donate to their cause. But to just take, be it with his permission or not, really makes me feel violated and insignificant. I would have probably given them over 50 pairs or so (of course my designer ones would not have been included) of new or nearly new decent pairs of shoes.

I am going to be the "bigger man" as I had been advised and just drop it. I am still obviously pissed off with them all, but it's just not worth my stressing out and getting sick over it. I will eventually re-stock my shoe room with those lovely lovely designers, granted that now with my pittiful new "allowance" it will take me a long time to do so.

I did go out and buy a lock for my shoeroom, so at least no one will ever go in there again without my supervision.

Dress: H&M
Shoes: Steve Madden Caryssa
Necklaces: vintage gold chain belt, vintage black bead strand

3 comments:

  1. for the record--id be pissed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a follower, but I do read your blog, and I'm pissed for you. That is VERY belittling. Kudos for trying to let it go; they'll get theres. I seriously cannot think of anything meaner, but I'm sure it exists.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you : )