Saturday, February 13, 2010

Home sweet home




So today was my niece's 1st b-day party. It was a major disappointment. There was a major accident that shut down the freeway which added an extra hour to our drive. The party was to start at 1pm and we arrived at 2:30 pm. No one was there other than my parents, and her in laws. After another hour only two other family's had shown up. After another hour another 5 had shown. Everyone was blaming the freeway closure. So by then there were just a few kids but we decided to go ahead and play a few games. Other than my three boys NO other kids wanted to play. So my three boys played the one and only game of musical chairs. We then tried to break the pinata (sp?) and once again my boys were the only ones willing to play along and break the pinata. I couldn't believe how lame the other children were. By the end of the evening My sister had alot of leftovers. She had hired a "taco guy" for three hours and almost all the food she bought was left over. I have no idea if everyone who RSVP'd stood her up or if people never showed due to the closure and getting lost.

I felt bad for my sis and she said this is the last party she is ever throwing. I don't blame her.

My gift was a hit with my sister's and Mom as they all thought it was super cute. Yay!!

Also. my mom's friends were drooling over my booties. Dahrooling big time. Double yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you : )