Saturday, June 12, 2010

The outfit I wore today made no sense, kinda like my day.






I was stood up. I sat at the Chevron fro 20 minutes waiting for the person who was supposed to come buy those 25 pairs of shoes off of me. They were supposed to meet me there at 10am at 10:15 I called them to see if they were still coming. No answer. I left a voicemail and went right back home. Good thing is that the Chevron is just a hop skip and a jump from my house, so no fuel wasted, just my time.

After that squishy and I went over to what has become kind of a Sat morning ritual. The farmers market. Kid 2 was asleep and kid 1 said he wanted to stay home. So it was just squishy and I.

I didn't find anything today (I did buy another book as I have already finished the two from last week.)but I made a mistake of telling a vendor I liked a necklace she was selling. This is the first time I have seen her stand. I looked around and there was one sloppy mess of kinda okayness that caught my eye. I told her that it was interesting and she had it on my neck in two seconds flat. She asked me if I was a model because I looked like one. I said no. She goes oh my it looks stunning on you and it goes with your outfit.

Once around my neck it looked, well, ugly. I didn't care for it anymore. She then quickly put the bracelet on me. I told her they were nice but I was out of cash and didn't have enough. I take them off and try to walk away. She then goes I'll take a check. I tell her I don't carry my checkbook. She says are you sure you don't have enough. I tell her no she then says do you live near by? I tell her let me call my husband and see if he can buy it for me. She goes is he here? I tell her no he should be at home. I grab my phone and dial my voicemail and walk away. Sheesh.

Unfortunately on the way back she comes up behind me and says did you get a hold of your husband? I tell her yes, but hes already left out of town. She then asks me how much do you have? I pulled out some money I had in my pocket (no way I was going to pull out my wallet) and I happened to have a twenty and some change. She goes that's all you have? I tell her yes and try to walk away but she follows. Hmm, 20 that's pushing it (she wanted $45) I tell her yup, sorry, and again try to walk away. Maybe if you had $25. I tell her nope, all I have is this. She then comes up with the great idea of you can pay me that and next week pay me the rest. I tell her no, I don't like owing money. She goes you can mail me a check. I make a face. Maybe you have some money in your car? I tell her let me go check. She says yes do that. For a second I thought she was going to follow me all the way to my car. Fortunately she didn't.

After that I went to the thrift and antique stores and squishy got a few things and then we went home.

At almost 3pm my old bff texts me to invite me over to her house for a party. I ask her right now? She answers , yeah if you want to. her daughters wanted to see the boys. I answered let me ask the boys. Back when their mom and I were bff's her two older daughters and my older two boys were inseparable. They always wanted to be together. I replied with "is it a bday party?" and didn't get a response.

I asked the boys and they were curious and so off we went. I was surprised to still remember where she lived as I'd only been to her house once 2 yrs ago when she had just rented the place.

It turned out to be a b-day party for her youngest daughter. I felt odd and out of place. So we stayed there until about 6. The whole time while we were there her oldest kept asking about my oldest. She wanted his cell phone number, she wanted to know if he had a facebook she also wanted to know if he had a girl friend. I told her he did have a girlfriend and that they wouldn't get their cell phones back until school started back up again and that they didn't have facebooks. Fortunately the boys didn't contradict me. They nodded with my responses. I had heard the giggles and the girls with all their girl friends saying he was so cute blah blah blah and kid 1 likes fair skinned, tall, blonde or light brown haired girls I knew and I could tell he wasn't interested in any of the bunch. Plus he is crushing hard on this one girl at his school. They are actually kind of like best friends which worries me that she might not be crushing on him and only see him as a friend. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Anyways I gave her their e-mail addresses and that was that.

While getting out of my car in my garage my phone rang. It was the neighbor letting me know that they might be cancelling the BBQ they were having tomorrow. They called him in to work and he didn't know if he'd be able to get out of it. I told him no problem and to let me know when he had a definite answer.

Next I was reading a magazine when an earthquake hit. Turns out it was a 4.8 centered pretty close to where I live. No damage this time (I think, I haven't checked my shoe room yet) and I just sat on my couch magazine in hand while it went on.

So like I said, My day made no sense.

Necklace: Vintage
Sweater: F21
Top:Fiasca
Jeans: F21 skinny's
Shoes: Cheapies from UrbanOG.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you : )