Saturday, December 19, 2009

A DIY just for you


So I had these black patent short booties that I had worn once, like 2 or 3 years ago. They were plain and just boring. So I decided to make them a little more interesting. I found a gold chain I rarely wore that I got at forever 21 last year for like 6 or 7 dollars, pulled out my hot glue gun and some clips.





First I counted the links to see what half would be and there were 32 so it left 16 for each boot. I measured them around the top of the bootie to see if that would be enough and it just barely made it. So next I got the wire cutters and cut the excess off and I separated the 16th links from each other and now I had two separate chains. Next I put a dab of hot glue at my starting point on one side of the zipper and I secured it with one of my belt clips. I repeated the step four more times until I reached the other side of the zipper. I later moved on to the other bootie.


So now I have new and exciting booties. Yay! I wish I had thought about taking pictures during the process but it never crossed my mind until the end when I was really happy with the result and my boys complimented my handiwork. So hopefully this will get you encouraged to make some of your own with your "boring" booties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you : )