Thursday, August 26, 2010

Not ready for this.

The weather has just been screwy. Super hot day, with horrible thunderstorms. Yesterday we got off easy but today.... Not so lucky.

They fixed my garage door today and he finished about 20 minutes before I had to leave to pick my boys up from their school. I looked up and saw that the clouds were becoming grey and black and ran off and closed the sunroof and windows of my older car.

I then jumped in my newer car and went on my way. As soon as I started driving the rain drops started falling. Huge rain drops but they were few and far between. By the time I reached the boys school the rain started coming down hard. On top of that there was a violent wind going on. It was a scary site not only hearing the horrible rain and wind but the thunder and lightning was loud and sounded like it was really close.

I get a call from the boys saying that they were not being released until they saw a parents vehicle. So I had to turn around and drive into the schools parking lot. While doing so a branch flew in my path and missed me by inches. While waiting for the boys to reach my car the hail started. At first it was just regular sized hail. However as soon as the boys were safe in my car the golf balls started falling. The sound of the hail hitting my car was terrifying and I thought that for certain my windows were going to shatter. I start driving home and the main street I take was completely flooded. I try detours and they too are flooded. I don't want to get stuck and stranded in high rising waters and try my best to find a safe way home.

When I finally make it through and get to my neighborhood the golf balls are still falling. Fortunately they were a bit slushy so my car didn't get damaged. I drove into my garage as the door was rising and as soon as I cleared it I closed the door behind me.

That weather lasted for about an hour straight. It was horrible.

I am just glad its over and we are all okay and my cars are okay as well.

I received three packages today containing four pairs of shoes. Oh how I love getting new shoes :) They make a girl happy and make everything all better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you : )