Friday, June 26, 2009

Yay more shoes!!


Well, today I wanted to buy shoes. Pretty pretty shoes. So after squishy got out of school (today was his last day of school) we made the 45 minute to one hour drive to BeBe's. Yup, that's how far they are in either direction. We made a pit stop at a gottchalks (sp?) that was en route. They are all closing down and I wanted to see what kind of fixtures I could get. I have bought several items from the one in town but I was looking for something in particular. However this one is on its last three days so they were wiped out. I left empty handed. Actually I lie, I did get Mr. Man two pairs of decent jeans that he could use on his many fishing trips. I spent a total of $17 for two pairs. Not bad.
When we finally got to Bebe's I had to park out in the free parking lot. I didn't have any change so I couldn't park at the metered parking. I was mad at myself. I hate parking all the way out there. This was only the second time I have ever done so but never again. I am going to fill the little coin thingie in my car with quarters just for this.
I went in looking for certain shoes I wanted. However they didn't have them. I was really bummed. I did find three pairs that caught my eye and lucky for me they had my size. Other than my Iman (yup, I found them at in gunmetal, black and in purple. Now I just need them in red.) sandals, I was kind of bumming it today. I had on some lucky skinny jeans with a black lace Victorian top. My hair was hastily pulled back in a pony tail as the wind was whipping my hair all over the place on the drive out there. I notice the difference in service at this particular Bebe's if you come in looking "sloppy". I was ignored completely! I had to flag someone down just to get the shoes in my size. It really pisses me off. At the other two locations I frequent they are always super friendly and helpful. I always have a good experience at those locations. That is why I rarely go to this one but I just went to one of the other ones on Sat. so I wanted to see what this one had in stock. But after today I might Bypass this location for a while.
After that I went to Bakers Shoes. They know me there and my son thinks it's funny how the sales girls scramble to get to me first. There they had several shoes I liked and I walked out with eight pairs. Joy!! They have some knockoff Imans in Turquoise, white and black. They don't have the suede heel like the gucci's but they are nice. I ended up getting them in all three colors. I wanted to keep shopping but we had too many bags to carry so we went to the car to put them away. By the time we got there, the boys were whining that they were starving and quite frankly I really didn't want to make the long walk back to the stores so we decided to jump in the car and head for a restaurant. After we ate, we made our drive home. It took us more than an hour to get home due to traffic but I was happy with all my new shoes. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you : )