Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Countdown to the holiday weekend




So today I went off to the thrift stores again to seek out some great vintage pieces. The girls in all the thrift stores know me well and seek me out to see what shoes or outfit I am wearing today. They ooh and aah and I get to my searching and hunting like a routine. Today some woman came up to me and asked me if I ever sold my clothes. Apparently she's seen me all over town and she loved the way I always dressed. I told her no. I do shop at thrift store frequently, like I mentioned in my first post there is NOTHING else to do in this small town I live in, but less than 10% of my wardrobe came from a thrift store. All the rest are definitely not. I just think it's funny. It reminds me of when my youngest was in kinder. I would go pick him up after school dressed as I always dress while all other moms were either super casual or sloppy. Picking their kids up at noon in their slippers and PJ's!! Slowly as the year progressed it started looking like a fashion show. The hair the clothes the shoes and handbags got better through out. There were still those sloppy moms who just didn't care how they looked but all in all we were all styling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you : )