Monday, November 29, 2010

Lets get caught up shall we.



Sorry for my lack of posts. I have been either on my death bed (ie:sick) busy or just plain tired and Blah. I really need to make an effort to keep this blog alive.

Well this past week was Thanksgiving and again 100% of the work was on my shoulders. I did all the shopping, prepping, baking (store bought pies and desserts just won't do for my picky men) and all the cooking.

This year I got a bit more creative. Instead of trying to cook everything and time it just right so everything is done cooking at the same time I used my countless crock pots to help keep everything warm (I have 8 crock pots! Why I have so many?!?!?!). I cooked the sides as I normally would, then I tossed them into the crock pots and set them to warm. I cooked the ham in the large roaster again this year and that left my oven free and clear for the turkey. Then when the turkey was done and let it rest I made the gravy my normal way (drippings and apple juice. yum yum). All that was left was the rolls that needed warming up and wa-la! Much easier and less stress and everything was warm and delicious.





After we were all done eating it was time to store the leftovers and clean up. As soon as I said "Now it's time to clean" WHOOSH the boys disappeared and Mr.man pretended to be asleep. I'm not kidding! So again I did it all. I loaded the dishwasher, washed all the crock pots, roaster and other non dish washer safe items by hand, cleaned all the counters etc. As soon as I was done and I sat down on the couch Mr.man "awakens" and says: I don't know why turkey makes people sleepy. I reply with: Whatever, I'm not sleepy. That whole Turkey puts you to sleep is a bunch of crock. I then got up and served myself a slice of cheesecake.

Sad.

Afterwards I went online and saw an e-mail from Nine West announcing their door buster sale. I had received it early in the morning and it was now 7pm. I was excited to see the ZOLA pumps I had been wanting for a while for only $44.50 from their original price of $150. I was sad to see they had every size except for 7 in black. I ended up ordering it in the gray size 7 and in the black size 7.5. I have my fingers crossed that they don't run big. I really wish I'd checked it out early in the morning and I am sure I would have found them both in the size 7. Oh well.

I stayed home on Black Friday and tried to sleep in. That didn't happen but I still just bummed around the house.

Sat. I went out only because I had to fix something at the bank. I was charged a fee that I wasn't supposed to so I had to go in person and duke it out. They apologized and fixed it right away and I ever even had to put up my dukes. Mr.man and Kid 2 went up to the mountains for some fishing that morning. I was invited but fortunately I had the whole bank issue to resolve so I didn't have to join them. Those two are crazy, it was in the 30's up there and they stayed all day!

When I got home I ordered another pair of Jessica Simpsons Dany heels. I already have them in Black and Tan and last week the gray pair arrived. Now they have them on sale for $69.99 so I went ahead and ordered them in the purple plum velvet. I still am not a fan of the crackled silver so I refrained from ordering those as well.

Sunday we went to our usual football hangout pizza place with the Packers Club. (Yes I'm in a football club now. We used to be in it 9 years ago but we recently re-joined) We watched the Packers lose and that set the mood for the rest of the day.

Today the boys are back to school after a whole week off. They were not too happy but they know that in a few weeks their three week x-mas break begins. So they have something to look forward to.

Well I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you : )